Terms & Conditions of Sale
These terms and conditions govern your use of the Download Service provided through the www.wonderfulworldofreading.co.uk website [as defined below]. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Download Service. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not continue to use this website.
Your attention is drawn to the definitions of certain words and expressions used in these Conditions of Sale which are contained in Condition 10. These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with that Condition.
- Invitation to Treat
Any order placed by you for the Collection as advertised on the Site shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the Collection pursuant to these Conditions; not as the acceptance by you of an offer for sale and/or supply made by Hachette.
- Basis of the Sale
- By placing an order for the collection you shall be deemed to accept these Conditions.
- These Conditions, together with any other terms set out elsewhere on this Site, shall govern and be incorporated in the Contract for the sale of the Collection entered into between Hachette and you.
- No order submitted by you shall be deemed to be accepted by Hachette unless and until (i) it has been acknowledged by Hachette in writing by e-mail; and (ii) Hachette has undertaken credit and availability checks. We will process your order, and a contract is made, only when these checks are completed satisfactorily and we dispatch the books.
- Orders will not be accepted from under-18s or only with the parents’ authorization.
- The number of books to be supplied per shipment per month shall be the number set out in the terms and conditions for the Collection.
- You are free to cancel the collection at any time simply by notifying us by telephone, post, fax or email. All the free received gifts are yours to keep. You will not owe any money for the goods not yet delivered.
- If you decide for whatever reason not to keep a received shipment, you may send it back, at your own expense, within 10 days following the receipt of your despatch to the following address:
PO Box 77
A parcel kept more than 10 days means acceptance and the invoice should be paid promptly.
- Price for the Collection
- The price for each book shall be the price displayed on the terms and conditions presented on the Site for the Collection.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices displayed on the Site are inclusive of any applicable value added tax and any other sales taxes.
- Terms of Payment
- Unless specified otherwise, payment becomes due 10 days after receipt of delivery.
- You can pay by cheque, Direct Debit, Visa, Delta or Mastercard. Please call our customer care team to make the arrangements.
Please note that we can not accept Switch cards or Solo cards.
- All despatched products remain the property of Hachette Partworks until payment is received. Remittance will not be considered as a payment until the funds are cleared in Hachette Partworks bank account. Until full payment is received, Hachette Partworks can request the product is returned but at the client’s cost.
- Hachette shall endeavour to deliver the book shipments promptly and at the frequency specified in the product terms and conditions. Book shipments shall be delivered using the Royal Mail Service. However, Hachette shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- If Hachette fails to deliver the first book shipment within 28 days of acceptance of your order for any reason other than your fault or any cause beyond Hachette's reasonable control, you shall be entitled at any time thereafter up until actual delivery of the first book shipment issue to cancel your order.
- If you notify Hachette (in accordance with Condition 9.2) of any valid claim in respect of any book which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of such book or any product supplied with it, Hachette shall at your option either replace the relevant book or product free of charge or refund the book.
- Should Hachette be unable to supply you with books from the Collection due to circumstances beyond its control, Hachette will notify you of such circumstances and if those circumstances continue for a period of 3 months either you or Hachette may terminate the Collection immediately. Any advance payments made by you for books not delivered by the date of termination shall be refunded.
- Hachette limits its liability regarding use of its website in the Website Copyright and Liability Notice.
- Nothing in these Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods.
- By operating this Site and posting to it details of Hachette's products, Hachette does not make any offer to sell or supply those or any other products and does not represent that:
- It is willing to supply all persons who place, or attempt to place, an order for the Collection; or that
- it has in stock and available for supply all or any of the products described or referred to in the Site.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given either by you to Hachette or by Hachette to you under these Conditions shall be in Writing. A notice addressed to Hachette shall be sent to its Customer Centre as shown on the "Contact Us" page on the Site. Any notice to be sent to you shall be sent to the address for delivery of the collection specified in your order.
- Hachette will try and solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way Hachette deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom. The Contract shall be governed by English law.
"Conditions" means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out on the page of the Site headed "Website Terms and Conditions of Sale" on the date on which the Contract is made;
"Contract" means a contract made on these Conditions for the purchase of the Collection;
"Hachette" means Hachette Partworks Limited about whom additional information is set out on the "Contact Us" page of the Site;
"Collection" means the Disney Wonderful World of Reading books published by Hachette as described on the Site, which Hachette will supply in accordance with these Conditions;
"Site" means the Internet site with the home page address www.wonderfulworldofreading.co.uk
"Writing" includes fax, e-mail and comparable means of communication.